Wednesday 24 June 2015

Finding an mbed-compatible development board for LPC1347


I started my search for a suitable development board by checking out the platforms on the mbed site. The reason why I started this way was that I have been a little bit involved in the mbed-community. mbed is, in my opinion, the only real alternative to Arduino. Great community, lots of helpful and knowledgeable people in the forums. Although less by sheer volume of users in the ecosystem, the level of sophistication of the on-line compiler and collaboration tools of the mbed ecosystem are way above and beyond the Arduino.


https://developer.mbed.org/platforms/
The mbed has a huge variety of platforms

Lo and behold, there was just the ticket: the DipCortex M3 by SolderSplashLabs UKHowever, the link to the SolderSplashLabs page is dead. Perhaps, so too is the company ?

Having had some previous experience with mbed development, I know you can find a board that is similar, and then adjust the code to suit your board. Off to Ebay, then !

No comments:

Post a Comment