Wednesday 24 June 2015

The EzSBC2 dev board by EzSBC

http://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/
After searching for "LPC1347" on ebay, I settled on buying a EzSBC2 board from EzSBC in USA. I did not want to buy the more known/popular LPCXpresso, because there is just something that I don't like about them. The detachable debugging interface and ... blech. Small and simple is better. And cheap.

The EzSBC2 arrived very quickly (a week ?) from ordering and cost me only 18 €. It arrived in a very well packed box, with some quality pin headers. The EzSBC2 is very similar to the DipCortex M3 and apparently, someone else has been using it with mbed also.

Before I bought the EzSBC2 I checked out what kind of forums the manufacturer had. As it turns out, EzSBC company founder (?) Daniel is very helpful and active on the forumThat sealed the deal for me, right away. With new devices, you want to have all the information you can. It can really speed your progress.

EzSBC2 - ARM Cortex M3 - LPC1347 - 64kB Flash, 12 kB SRAM

 Next update will be about actually programming the EzSBC2 using the mbed online compiler

No comments:

Post a Comment